This is an online tool that allows users to preview their web pages in a wide variety of screen resolutions. Web developers want to make sure that their websites are nicely viewable and functional in range of popular display resolutions. So what is the best monitor screen resolution to use when building a website?
Here is a list of most popular display resolution in 2010 as reported by netmarketshare.
Data courtesy of netmarketshare
As most developers, I would work using highest or native screen resolution available. To test the website in other display resolution I would adjust my screen resolution down or up which was rather dull and tedious task causing following problems:
- Downsizing screen resolution would rearrange icons on the desktop.
- Changing screen resolution on flat panel displays from its native resolution affected quality of the image due to interpolation.
- Resolution was restricted by the highest settings of the display making impossible to preview web pages at higher resolution than the maximum display resolution.
Using webpagesize.net can help website developers and webmasters to quickly preview web pages in variety of screen resolutions. Here is a list of common display resolution:
- 240 x 260 BlackBerry Pearl
- 320 x 240 BlackBerry Curve
- 320 x 480 iPhone
- 480 x 320 iPhone (horizontal)
- 480 x 360 BlackBarry Bold/Torch/Storm
- 480 x 800 Nexus/Droid/EVO
- 768 x 1024 iPad1/iPad2
- 800 x 400 Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
- 800 x 480 Nexus/Droid/EVO (horizontal)
- 640 x 960 iPhone 4
- 960 x 640 iPhone 4 (horizontal)
- 640 x 480 VGA
- 640 x 1136 iPhone 5
- 800 x 480 Samsung Galaxy S2 (horizontal)
- 800 x 600 SVGA
- 1024 x 768 XGA iPad1/iPad2 (horizontal)
- 1080 x 1920 Samsung Galaxy S4
- 1152 x 864 XGA+
- 1280 x 768 WXGA
- 1280 x 800 WXGA
- 1280 x 960 SXGA
- 1280 x 1024 SXGA
- 1366 x 768 HD
- 1440 x 900 WSXGA
- 1536 x 2048 iPad 3
- 1600 x 900 HD+
- 1600 x 1200 UXGA
- 1680 x 1050 WSXGA+
- 1920 x 1080 HD-1080
- 1920 x 1200 WUXGA
- 2048 x 1152 QWXGA
- 2048 x 1536 iPad 3 (horizontal)
- 2560 x 1440 WQHD
- 2560 x 1600 WQXGA
To start testing your website in different resolutions just type the url of the webpage you wish to preview in the field above and select desired resolution.
If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.